The Leading House for Iran Switzerland Academic Partnerships was inaugurated on May 7th, 2018 in the presence of the Chancellor of the Tehran University of Medical Sciences (TUMS), the Swiss State Secretary for Education, Research and Innovation, the Swiss Ambassador in Iran, a delegation from Swiss institutions, Deputy Minister for Education, TUMS Chancellor's Senior Advisor, TUMS Vice-Chancellors for Global Strategies and International Affairs, TUMS Vice Chancellor for Research and for Education, the Director of International Relations, Accreditation and Ranking and the Director of International Affairs and Development.
Its mission is to increase scientific and academic relations between medical universities in Iran and Switzerland.
The duties of the Leading House for Iran Switzerland Academic Partnerships are as follows:
· Conducting research on the educational system of Switzerland
· Recognizing potentials of Swiss Higher Education Institutions for academic collaborations.
· Facilitating collaborations between Iranian Medical Universities and Swiss higher education institutions.
· Providing suggestions for cooperation in various fields of education, research and services.
· Following up the signed memorandum of understandings and making efforts to execute them.
· Providing the infrastructure for the launching a Joint Campus
· Efforts to increase collaborative research among faculty members, university students, and attracting research scholars
· Encouraging faculty members and university students to increase their contact and cooperation with Swiss universities